Generating Plot Files with AutoCAD 2007
Step-by-step instructions for generating plot files in AutoCAD 2007.
Prefered file types in order of list:
- PDF - make sure you make all your work black any other color will result in greytone lines. Open drawing and go to Print menu and select "DWG to PDF" option to create PDF document.
- DWF - work also needs to be black and white. Open drawing and go to Print menu and select "DWG to DWF" option to create DWF document.
- PLT - make sure you install the correct Autocad plotter driver.
- DWG & DXF - missing fonts and ctb files will alter drawing appearaces. Make sure you include any XREF and IM files. You may wish to use "etransmit" to send drawings (make sure you choose .ZIP and not .EXE format.
Installing and Configuring the HPGL/2 Driver
First, make sure you update your drivers in Autocad with the OceUSA TDS800 link to your left. The recommend driver by Oce for AutoCAD 2007 is the Oce TDS800 HDI.
- Go to File>Plotter Manager and double-click on the "Add a Plotter Wizard" item.
- Select "My Computer", then click the "Next" button.
- In the Plotter Model dialog, choose the Manufacture: "Oce" and Model: "TDS800 HDI".
- Click "Next".
- The next step of the wizard will allow you to select and use a previous PCP file. Click "Next".
- You will be asked to provide the 'port' settings. Click on the 'Plot to File' option.
- After you have selected a port, it will ask you to name the plotter. You can create your own name i.e. "Blueprint Service Plotter". The final step of the wizard will allow you to configure the plotter. Press the "Edit Plotter Configuration" button.
Helpful Hint - Paper Size Configuration
Once the Plotter Configuration menu is displayed, you are given the opportunity to configure the paper sizes and printable area margins.
- Select the "Device and Document Settings" tab.
- Select the "Modify Standard Paper Sizes(Printable Area)" menu item.
- Once selected, the list of available paper sizes will be displayed at the bottom of the dialog box, along with the margins and printable area for each paper size.
- Select the paper size you want to change, then press the "Modify" button.
- The "Custom Paper Sizes" wizard will now be displayed.
- If the desire is to print to the edge of the paper then the margin settings need to all be set to 0.00.
- The second step of the wizard will allow you to name the PMP (Plotter Model Parameters) file. Define a custom name or accept the default value.
- Press "Finish" and it will generate the PMP file. Any time you select that paper size, it will default to the settings just entered.
You will need to repeat these steps for each paper size you intend to use.